Tips on Meeting your Partner’s parents
We all know that meeting our partner’s parents are so freaking out. So, today I’ll give you some tips on how to get good impression:
- Timing is everything. You and your partner should have the same thing in mind. Well, because I am in Long distance relationship for now I can meet them thru Skype. You need to tell your partner how you feel about it.
- Do research about his family. Try to ask questions about your partner’s family but not the point that you’re like a stalker. Try to ask like: what do you they like to do? What food do they like?
- If you are together try to avoid too much PDA (Public Display of Affection) because some parents might not like it and you will see their eyebrows together. Holding hands and just a simple hug is better.
- You can try to give simple gifts to them and after it try to send them thank you card.
- Dress properly if they meet you in person. Try to not dress too sexy dresses or clothes. They might misunderstand it. Try to dress casual but classy. Try to dress that is suitable for the occasions that you are attending together with your partner’s family.
- Try to avoid conversations that can lead to arguments. I know that my boyfriend is sensitive about religions so this is the topic that I avoid. You don’t want to end up having misunderstanding with your partner’s parents.
- Be respectful to your partner’s parents. Manners are very important. Try to call them by Mr. or Mrs. If it is awkward for you, you can ask your partner if he has suggestions on what you call them.
- Try to be sensitive if you are together. What I meant on this is try to observe and weigh in the situations before you say something.
- Try to compliment. If they cook for you try to say “ The food is delicious.” Or if they give you gift appreciate it.
- Lastly, just calm down. Take a deep breathe. Smile and just be yourself.
Hope this can help you, guys. If you have anything in mind about meeting your partner parents let me know. Share it to me. Thanks for reading.
QUOTE OF THE DAY: