Today, while browsing the site and I find out that there are new blog prompt. I am not familiar with “Saudade” and I was curious about it and I tried to look for the meaning of the word. The word is used to explain the feeling of missing something or someone. It is used to tell about something that you used to have (and liked) but don’t have anymore. The word comes from the Portuguese language. Missing someone is the worst feeling at all. I’ve experienced this when my aunt passed away a long time ago and it was depressing. I cannot concentrate and I am trying to fight with depression but I can’t. She is my closest Aunt because she was there while I was growing up. Even my friends and my mom cannot talk to me because I just want to stay in my room. It was a long time for me to cope up and until now I am still missing her. She’s been very special. It’s difficult if you are in LDR and if you don’t know how to cope up when you feel sad and miss your partner completely. If you’re missing someone you’re not complete it’s like a missing piece in a puzzle. What you do is cry and wants to be alone. We haven’t met yet but I am thinking that what will I feel or do if Nigel will go back to UK again? I’ve experienced not talking to him for almost 2 weeks and it was the worse time in my relationship with him. There are times that I miss him so much and I don’t know why I miss him. Nigel feels the same way, too. I’ve tried to read some articles and posts about the people that are in long distance relationship and how do they cope up with it if they are missing their partners. Good thing that they give tips and share their stories so you can go ahead and take note of the tips that they share. We haven’t met yet and it’s difficult for me to give some tips but I guess I can just share on how I coped up with sadness if I am missing him. I just share five tips on how to cope up with my emotions.
- There’s nothing wrong if you want to burst out tears. It can ease the pain and sadness that you are feeling. Some people are afraid to cry because some might say they are over reacting. For me, if I feel sad or missing him I cry. I am shy to cry in front of my friends. It can help me a lot if I do cry.
- Listening to Music. Try to listen to sad songs. Try to feel the music and look for the lyrics of the song that is playing. I love to listen to sad song if I am missing him. I have his playlist and my playlist so I listen to it.
- Eat some comfort food. Usually I always do that. I buy chocolates and ice cream these are my comfort foods. I don’t eat too much because I don’t want to be sick because I have asthma. So need to control eating my comfort food.
- Go out with Friends and Talk to them. If I feel sad my friends know about it so usually they invite me to eat out with them. The good thing is they buy my food for free. Yey! I talk to them about why do I feel sad and they give me advices. I let my feelings out.
- Find another thing that you won’t let think of someone. For me, Nigel went on vacation for 2 weeks so what I did. I tried to write blog posts and play online or phone games. Distract myself with other things.
These are my tips about missing someone. I am focusing here not only with my partner but in general ( families, relatives, pets,etc.,) Hope you enjoy reading it and you can share what do you if you’re missing your partner or family?
QUOTE OF DAY:
“Missing someone isn’t about how long it has been since you’ve seen them or the amount of time since you’ve talked. It’s about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side”.
This blog post was inspired by LDRBN’s blogging prompt : SAUDADE
If you want to join our network click me and put DEE as your reference.